Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Re thinking the ink

On my eighteenth birthday, I got a tattoo and went on a road trip to Canada. Tattoos are like potato chips to me, and I did not stop at just one. I got a second tattoo, the oh so popular tramp stamp of the early 2000's a few months after. It seemed like a really good idea at the time.

Now, quite a few years later, I have rethought my tattoos. The placement is less than ideal, the tattoos themselves just aren't me. I approached Dr Fanny about attempting to remove my tattoos via laser treatments.

I started treatment in late 2011.

Each treatment only takes about 10-15 minutes. The treatment time varies based on size, patient tolerance and if settings must be changed. Dr Fanny traces the tattoo thoroughly to make sure all of the ink absorbs laser energy. Once the ink reacts with the laser it is up to the body itself to clear the ink out of the area. Multiple treatments are necessary, and require aftercare and lots of patience.

After care includes washing the area twice daily with antibacterial soap, reapplying triple antibiotic or antibacterial ointment and keeping the area from becoming sun exposed.

Tattoo removal works best on red and black ink, and some colors may not react at all.

The best way to find out if laser treatment is right for you is to come on in! Pricing is based on the size of the tattoo and all tattoos need to be evaluated by a Skin Care Krew staff member prior to treatment.

-Diane


No comments:

Post a Comment