Friday, October 12, 2012

Peel away the summer

If you are like me, the summer took its toll on your skin. The beach left more than just sand between my toes! The sun's rays caused little brown spots, fine lines and a dull complexion. I am all washed up!

So how do I peel away the summer damage?

I start by revamping my home care.
-Hydration becomes essential, and repairing the skin's surface can't be done without epidermal water loss being slowed. I am currently using Hydrating B5 gel and Skin Firming cream from SkinCeuticals to repair. Other products I have used include Toleraine and Substiane from La Roche Posay.

-Next I have to feed my fried out collagen. Phloretin CF from SkinCeuticals is my broad spectrum antioxidant of choice currently. I love the way it feels on my skin, and with the additional ingredients of ferulic acid and phloretic, I am getting some help with my pigment issuses too!

-Increasing the skin's turn over rate is accomplished by returning to my Vitamin A regimen. I am back using Redermic R from La Roche Posay. I love the LHA that helps to gently exfoliate with each application.

-Exfoliation is key. The Black Mask from Revisions has become a weekly treatment for me. This gentle alpha hydroxy rich mask exfoliates the days working outside in the garden in no time!

In the office, I start with microdermabrasion. For my skin type, I use microdermabrasion about 4 times a year to physically exfoliate and restart my skin. Microdermabrasion is done in our office with a diamond chipped wand and vacuum system and hydrating products are added after treatment to help repair skin

Intense Pulse Light treatments (IPL) can also help break up pigment from the summer and decease the apperance of vessels and capillaries that occur from sun burns. IPL treatments work best in a series of 3, and are scheduled about 3 weeks apart.

Downtime for all of these procedures is minimal.

Home care and in office treatments, combined with a great injectable treatment of Botox with Dr Louton will have me ready to face my family and patients with a fresh face well before the holiday season!

-Diane








No comments:

Post a Comment