Sunday, July 29, 2012

My Skin Profile- Elizabeth, 20 Something



I joined the Skin Care Krew in 2010, after about 6 years of doing makeup, working for Lancome,
and managing the makeup store Ulta. I knew EVERYTHING about makeup: how to apply
it, what colors looked good for what skin tone, etc, but I only knew the basics of skincare. In
the makeup business, it didn’t matter how bad someone’s skin was - you could always cover
imperfections!

Covering imperfections was something I was all too familiar with. Through junior high and
high school, I suffered from horrible acne. When I started with the Skin Care Krew, the acne
was gone, but I was left with pitting and post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. The pounds of
makeup I wore for my previous job probably wasn’t helping my skin either! I had a consult with
Dr. Fanny, who did a Visia for me and tweaked my skincare regimen. I went from using Clean
and Clear and rubbing alcohol on my face, to using the appropriate products, such as a daily
sunscreen and nightly retinol. I also try to get monthly microdermabrasions/chemical peels as
well.

In the two years I’ve been with the Krew, my skin has improved amazingly. I can now go to
work or the mall with nothing but some tinted sunscreen on and feel confident about it!

-Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment