Sunday, July 29, 2012

My Skin Profile: Diane, 30 Something



As a Licensed Practical Nurse, my formal training in skin was simply to maintain skin integrity. Lectures and clinical practice for me were all about keeping our bodies largest organ intact, especially in the geriatric patient.

When I joined the Skin Care Krew in 2008, I was a mess to say the least. I had a bad case of "Mommy Skin" I was spending so much time working, going to school and raising my young family that I wasn't making any time to focus on my skin's needs, and it showed.

 I washed my face with a bar soap when I showered in the morning. I never wore sunscreen, and I was constantly breaking out. I had flushing over my cheeks, and the beginnings of pigment across my forehead.

After my Visia, Dr Fanny began to introduce me to building a regimen around my busy schedule with emphasis on the key ingredients my skin needed. I found a Vitamin C in l-ascorbic acid form that I tolerated well, and began using a gentle retinol. Most importantly, I began using a broad spectrum physical sunscreen every day.

My tired "Mommy Skin" gradually began to brighten up and my goal of being able to leave the house with out foundation was accomplished within about 3 months!

Now, I try other products based on what I know my skin needs, and I am looking forward to sharing my experience with you!

-Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment