Friday, September 14, 2012

Overnight Aging

 
The first signs of aging appeared overnight. "Right around the time of my birthday, if I recall correctly. First, I saw faint little lines coming from both of my eyes. I figured I had just slept funny on the pillow, and it would be gone by lunchtime. At lunchtime, I rechecked and the lines were still there. I panicked. Clearly, I am too young for crow's feet! Over the next few weeks, I started to notice more fine lines and that my skin was just looking over all dull. Then, a brown spot. Right on the side of my cheek! That's why I called and came right in. Please help!"
 
 
I often hear these exact statements from our patients. The phenomenon of overnight aging is not limited to women either. Men suddenly may notice aging prior to class reunions or other major events.
 
How best can we correct these problems?
 
-Exfoliating Moisturizer, especially with glycolic acid can gently exfoliate skin dullness, mild tone issues and soften the beginnings of fine lines. We recommend several products, including Vivite's Vore system to our patients.
-Retinol Eye Cream, Vitamin A (retinol) helps to plump and thicken skin. For around the eyes, use specially formulated eye creams, like La Roche Posay's Redermic Eyes or Topix Retinol Eye cream. Retinol is not well tolerated in every skin type, so be sure to check in with your skin care professional before changing up your regimen.
-Sunscreen, aging starts with unprotected sun exposure. UVA rays are especially damaging. Protecting your investments in your skin by using sunscreen is essential! Broad spectrum, physical block applied every 1-2 hours while in  the sun are the best anti aging tool of all! We recommend Topix Glycoix Elite Zinc Sunscreen with 30 spf, Intellishade 45 spf and many other sunscreens from various lines.
 
All products can be found on www.skincarekorner.com!
 
-Rebecca
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment